Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain.

Ok. I would like you to pay attention to something, and it's not the man behind the curtain. I've added a new list to the left portion of my log. Many of you have heard of this phenomenon in which a person creates a list of 101 goals they would like to complete in 1001 days. As I had stated in Goals and How to Manage Them (see hyperlink), I felt the need to create a goal for myself. I had mentioned attempting to run a faster mile. Although that is a noble goal, and one I should strive for, this 101 goals in 1001 days phenomenon made me squeal with joy.
I felt as though I was in college again. I had to make a list of goals, organize them by category select a start date, and now I have a deadline! My nerdy self is smiling.
I intend to start my 1001 days tomorrow, March 10, 2010. I realize this is an awkward day, but in the words of the great third president of the United States, Thomas Jefferson: "Never put off until tomorrow what you could do today." Or in my case, don't put off until next week, next month, or next year what you could start tomorrow.
So far:
Goals completed: 0
Days Left: 1001