Sunday, September 25, 2011

Finally Painted the Bathroom!

When we moved into our house the first thing I wanted to paint was our bathroom. I have no before picture for you because I really didn't care for the color at all. It was sort of a dark stormy blue, and since the bathroom is a bit small, the dark color made the room seem tiny. I had planned to paint it first once we moved in, but the nursery took precedence; we didn't want BabyGirl sleeping in a smelly, fumed-up room. Soon after painting the nursery I grew uncomfortably pregnant. Anyone who's been pregnant knows this tell-tale stage. It's when you can't sit, can't sleep, can't walk. You just don't want to exist. So no painting then.
Finally, after a few months of caring for a newborn, not sleeping, and still hating my bathroom, I found a weekend. One shining, open weekend. Then I got into a car accident. Well, that shattered my hopes and dreams of a lighter colored bathroom. So finally, three weeks after my car accident, Beardface and I spent yesterday turning our bathroom "bamboo". It's a very pale green that, I think, matches our tiles better than the blue did. I'll post a picture of it soon, but for now I'm going to enjoy my bathroom. It's bath time!