Thursday, September 15, 2011

Trying to Lose That Baby Weight

So BabyGirl was officially 10 weeks old last night, and I feel like it's time that I really put an effort into getting some of this "baby weight" off. I did initially lose a large chunk of weight after delivery: the baby, the fluids, the placenta, and all of that, and breastfeeding has helped my body come back down to a normal-ish weight. I'm still about ten or fifteen pounds heavier than I'd like to be. Plus, being pregnant makes you lose most of the muscle tone in your abs, so I've got to de-flub my belly.
Beardface has already agreed to train to run a 5K with me on October 29, so I've got some great motivation to exercise. I was impressed that my husband allowed me to force him into this in the first place; the man hates to run. I mean really despises it. But since I had told him (while still pregnant) that I'd need motivation and some moral support in losing the baby weight, he said he'd train with me for a race.
(When I say train with me, I don't mean we actually run together. We are using the same training schedule (couch to 5k) and running at different times of the day. BabyGirl is still too young to put into a jogging stroller so someone has to be home with her at all times.)
I'm doing my own version of Weight Watchers, as well. I had long ago figured out the points formula; my mother has used Weight Watchers a few times now. I don't go to meetings, and I weight myself once a week in my own bathroom instead of in front of a group of strangers. I would be horrified if a group of strangers knew how much I weigh!
I've been at this for about 4 weeks now, and I've seen 4 pounds of weight loss so far. (Saturday is my weighing day.) I'm starting to get that feeling that I'm in a rut, though. So any encouragement would be welcome. Anyone else out there trying to lose those last few pounds from pregnancy? Let's join forces!