Monday, May 3, 2010

Guys' Night

I'm learning that sometimes in order to be a good wife, I have to just let loose and not care about what goes. I just need to let my husband do the things he wants to do. Other times, it's more appropriate for me to do with him what he really enjoys.

Tonight is one of those nights.

Although I am not the biggest fan of science fiction movies, tonight we are watching Star Wars: A New Hope. Apparently this as necessary to my existence as a human being. I have watched and enjoyed Episodes 1 through 3, but Beardface insists that Episodes 4 through 6 surpass the more recent Star Wars movies in all aspects.

So over pizza bagels and broccoli with cheese dip (clearly a compromise meal) I sit in my husband's arms and enjoy Harrison Ford in his finest 2 hours. I will admit, I am enjoying this, most especially because Jabba the Hut is a great imitation of Vito Corleone from the Godfather Movies.

In other news, and good news at that, we will be moving in July! Beardface and I got accepted to rent a small house near my alma mater on the other side of town. I'm so excited to have 2 whole bedrooms and a much bigger kitchen, plus a sun room and a front and back yard. It isn't much lawn, but it's enough for me to plant a few things and enjoy laying on the front lawn watching stars. I can't wait!