Friday, May 14, 2010

Man, I Feel Like a Woman

Tonight's blog will be short and sweet, but I feel this is an important moment in my life that I have to share.
Beardface has some friends over tonight; they're playing video games and computer things. You know, the usual. I had left to go grocery shopping just as his friends pulled up, so I can only assume that my husband offered them something to drink and eat.
I returned home, put away the groceries, and started on my weekend tradition: making bread. I warmed up some dinner for Beardface and I, offering some to his friends of course. When I set my husband's dinner down at his computer desk, I noticed one of his friends was using a coaster for his glass.
I am not sure whose idea that was, Beardface's or his friend's, but that was honestly the first time I've truly felt like the woman of my own household. Someone cared enough about my furniture (albeit a hand-me-down coffee table) to use a coaster. It really is the little things in life, isn't it?