Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Little Deeper Today

In most parts of my life, I am very well controlled. I have self-control about working and exercising and finances and all of that. There is a particular part of my life (which, no, I am not going to share with you all, in which I have a difficult time exercising self-control.
It's a difficult beast to tackle, sometimes. You think you really have a grasp on it, but then something throws you a curve ball, and all of a sudden you've lost your grip.
That happened today, and it wasn't the first time in recent weeks.
Tonight I'm praying 1 Peter 6-9:
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings."