Friday, June 4, 2010

Running and Nerves

It has been a few days since I've been on here, and honestly, it's been a busy few days.
Between work and church and trying to keep the apartment in order, the hubby and I have a lot to do, and we still try to get to bed by 9 or 9:30!
I am feeling a bit nervous, today, so I wanted to blog about it.
Tomorrow I'll be running a trail 10K, which is a new experience for me. I've run a 10K before, but it was a road race. Trails are very different. There are all sorts of little dips and hills in the trail, plus tree roots, rocks, and living creatures. On the road, I am honestly only accustomed to dodging an occasional car.
I'm also a bit out of training due to a medical incident last week. I was given the okay by my doctor to run the race, but I haven't been doing enough running to really feel confident.
So I haven't run today, in order to rest up for tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll run the whole thing without stopping to walk. I'm shooting to finish in an hour. Wish me luck!